There are many benefits to having a side hustle, including extra income and a sense of accomplishment. For couples, a side hustle can also be a way to spend more time together and bond over a shared goal.
From start-ups to online businesses, there are many ways for couples to make money. Here are some of the best side hustles for couples.
1 – Start a Website
If you and your partner are looking for ways to make some extra money, starting a website is a great option. With a little bit of creativity and effort, you can earn a decent income from your website.
Here are a few tips to get started:
- Choose a niche that you’re both interested in. This will make it easier to come up with content ideas and stay motivated.
- Work on your site together. This is a great way to bond and make sure that both of you are invested in the project.
- Promote your site through social media and other online channels. This will help you reach more people and potentially make more sales.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making money from your website, and enjoying your time together as a couple working on your side hustle.
Related: 300+ New Side Hustle and Small Business Ideas to Start Today
2 – Sell Courses Online
One of the best side hustles for couples is selling courses online. This can be a great way to make some extra money while spending time together.
There are a few things to keep in mind when selling courses online. First, you’ll need to determine what type of course you want to sell. There are many different types of courses that couples can sell, from cooking classes to relationship advice. Once you’ve decided on the type of course, you’ll need to create quality content and market your course effectively.
If you’re looking for a side hustle that allows you to spend more time together, consider selling courses online. It’s a great way to make some extra money and have fun while doing it!
3 – Create a YouTube Channel
If you and your partner are looking for ways to make some extra cash, why not consider creating a YouTube channel? You can use your creativity and skills to produce engaging videos that will entertain and inform your viewers. Plus, you can work together to come up with new ideas and collaborate on the production process.
There are a number of different types of videos you can create, so there’s sure to be something that appeals to you both. For example, you could vlog about your everyday lives, review products or experiences, or even offer advice or tutorials. If you’re not sure where to start, take a look at some of the most popular channels in your niche for inspiration.
With hard work and dedication, you could soon be earning a tidy sum from your YouTube channel.
Related: 30 Places to Learn New In-Demand Skills for FREE!
4 – Rent Your Space
If you and your partner are looking for ways to make some extra cash, consider renting out your space. It’s a great way to bring in some extra income, and it can be a fun way to meet new people.
Here are some tips for getting started:
- Choose the right space. If you have a spare bedroom or an unused office, that’s a great place to start. Just make sure it’s clean and comfortable for guests.
- Set up a schedule that works for you. You can rent out your space for a few hours at a time, or you can open it up for longer stays. It’s up to you!
- Promote your space online. Use sites like Airbnb or VRBO to list your space and attract guests from all over the world.
- You don’t have to have people stay in your home. If having people staying at your home is not your speed, you can also use Neighbor to rent your space for storage.
No matter how you slice it, renting out your extra space can be a fulfilling side hustle for you and your partner.
5 – Photography
If you and your partner love photography, why not turn your hobby into a money-making side hustle? There are plenty of ways to do this, from shooting weddings to selling prints online.
Here are some of the best side hustles for couples who love photography:
- Wedding photography is a great way to make money while doing something you love. You can work together as a team to capture those special moments on a couple’s big day.
- Another great option is selling prints of your photos online. This is a great way to get your work out there and make some extra cash.
- You can also offer your services as a family photographer. This is a great way to capture memories that will last a lifetime.
There are endless opportunities for couples who love photography. Even if only one of you loves photography the other can be the camera mule and enjoy helping with the shoot.
6 – Create an Etsy Shop
Do you and your partner love to create things together? Why not turn your hobby into a money-making venture by opening an Etsy shop? Not only is this a great way to make some extra cash, but it’s also a fun way to bond with your partner.
There are all sorts of things you can sell on Etsy, from homemade jewelry to hand-painted pottery. If you’re not sure what kind of products to sell, take some time to browse the site for inspiration. Once you have a few ideas, start creating!
If you’re worried about running out of things to sell, don’t be. You can always add new items to your shop as you make them. Once you get started, you may find that you have more ideas than you ever thought possible.
7 – Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
Pet sitting and dog walking are great side hustles to consider to make some extra money as a couple. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re thinking about getting started:
- You’ll need to be comfortable around animals. If you have any allergies or fears, this may not be the right side hustle for you.
- You’ll need to be available during the day, as most pet owners work during the day and need someone to watch their pets while they’re away.
- It’s important to be reliable and trustworthy, as pet owners will be entrusting you with their beloved pets.
- Finally, you’ll need to have a good amount of energy, walking dogs can be tiring!
More Side Hustle Articles to Check Out:
- What Are the Best Side Hustles for You? These 15 Questions Will Help You Decide
- How to Include Your Side Hustle on Your Resume: The Ultimate Guide
Photo by Jason Goodman on Unsplash
Zach Larsen is a small business owner, finance and investment expert, and co-founder of PineappleMoney.com. He has been featured in publications including MSN, GOBankingRates, Yahoo Finance, and Credit Sesame. He enjoys teaching others about personal finance and spending time with his family.